Services & Facilities
TOTAL CARE FOR YOU PET
We aim to provide total care for your pet throughout his or her lifetime, including:
- All year round preventative healthcare
- Puppies, kittens & rabbits first vaccinations – including a full clinical examination
- 4 weeks free Pet Plan insurance
- Worming and flea control
- Dental care
- Animal Health Certificates for travelling abroad – Visit DEFRA for country specific travel information
- Weight clinics and nutritional advice
TREATMENT FOR ACCIDENT & ILLNESS
- Consultations with your own experienced vet
- Full operating facilities including orthopaedics and soft tissue
- Diagnostic facilities including imaging and laboratory services
- Home visits with a dedicated animal ambulance
- Links with the Pet Blood Bank
- Direct insurance claims
- Repeat prescriptions
- Our nurses are always on hand for general help and advice
Our out of hours emergency service is provided by VETS AT NIGHT. If your pet becomes ill or is involved in an accident outside of our surgery hours you can rest assured that a dedicated emergency veterinary team is available to care for your pet should the worst happen.
VETS AT NIGHT only work outside normal working hours, ensuring they are fresh and ready to see your pet while your own vet is off duty.
VETS AT NIGHT can advise you over the phone and will tell you if they think it is safe for your pet to wait until the morning to see a vet. However, if you really want to see a vet they will always be happy to see you.
In case of emergency simply call our usual number, anytime of day or night: 01332 345119.
OVER 8’S CLINIC
In depth advice on general healthcare for your older pet; run by registered veterinary nurses.
Our over 8 check up includes:
- General Health Check
- Urine Test (to check for underlying problems)
- Schirmer Tear Test (for dogs to test for dry eye)
(if your pet is unwell and needs to see a Vet, a charge will occur)
ANIMAL HEALTH CERTIFICATE – For travelling abroad
Here at SLVC we have Government appointed ‘Official Veterinarians’ that can provide you with everything you need for travel abroad with your fury loved ones.
The following will need considering:
- Routine Vaccinations
- Rabies Vaccination
- Flea and Tick Prevention
- Rabies Blood Test – when required
- A Fit to Travel Check
- Substantial off road parking
- Four fully equipped Consultation Rooms
- Two Surgical Theatres with Multi-modal Anaesthetic Monitoring and Patient Warming facilities
- Dental Suite
- Diagnostic Suite including Digital X-ray, high powered Ultrasound, ECG and Blood Pressure monitoring
- In house Laboratory – providing comprehensive blood results within minutes
- Cat Friendly – separate Cat and Dog Wards and a separate Cat Waiting Area
- Isolation Ward